Here's your second edition of the Growth Consulting Summit recap. Plus: Mastermind Peer Groups for Advisors, and your growing advisor community. The next live event is May 2-4 2022, mark your calendar! Want more key take-aways from the event?
You can read about Day 1 here, now let's recap Day 2 of the CoreValuators and Growth Drivers joint conference.
- We started the day with a level set by asking "How are you feeling based on Day 1?" This followed the Mastermind Peer Group for Business Advisors Mock Meeting Everyone chimed in and we wrote the answers on the flip chart, here's a sample:
- Marie B feeling 6 of 5, "We're all connected, Grateful"
- Steve C feeling 5 of 5. "Holistic Expertise is Valuable"
- Mark S feeling 4.8 of 5, liking how the "Integration of specialities will better serve clients"
- Tina "Go!" P feeling 5 of 5, "I have lots of bullets to use for winning new engagements"
- John F feeling 5 of 5, "It's not about the software" - a bit of context, John just earned his Growth Drive Certified Specialist wings and is feeling the power of starting the growth conversation and leading them on a journey for which the CoreValue software is the GPS.
- Larry Prince and Marie Benedetto (long time CoreValuators and newly-minted Growth Drivers) moderated a workshop about overcoming client inertia. You know how the client's energy for change can flag after a few months? The workshop covered specific techniques for maintaining momentum and accountability - these in turn keep we advisors engaged, and more importantly keep the client energized, creating wins. Great learning.
- Do you work with family businesses? Working the middle market requires working with families, and Barry Goodman of Birkdale Transition Partners has years of expertise both being part of a family business, and working as an advisor to families. Barry's session about preparing families and their businesses (two separate efforts) for transition sparked an lively discussion, which has carried over into the Growth Drive community..
- Barry is leading Growth Drive's Mastermind Peer Groups for Business Advisors, and we are interviewing potential members now. Interested in having a dream team of senior pros with who you can work on the challenges, opportunities, problems and ideas for building a thriving practice? Share your email address here and we'll be in touch asap.
- We finished the day workshoping (that's a verb, right?) the form and content for the Spring 2022 event. Community leaders are continuing the conversation, current plan has 3 parts, 2 concurrent courses plus a group workshop tackling real-world client cases:
- May 2-3: two Seminars, one each day. Topics: 'Moderating Skills for Business Advisors' - these skills are critical when leading engagements and managing change inside client businesses (listen up all you Strategic Planners and Doers). Other topics being considered include 'Financial Modeling for Business Advisors', 'Fundamentals of Exit Planning', and an intensive 'Strategic Plan Writing' workshop. Attend the Seminars, or
- May 2-3: Growth Drive Specialist Workshop May 2-3* - become a Growth Drive Specialist, plus
- May 4: Community Brainstorm - you'll participate in taking real-world client cases and engaging in a moderated discussion about moving the client to their strategic goal. Imagine the power of a room full of senior pros collaborating on a case real-time. This will be significant skills development - and huge fun.
- Stay tuned, this will be another valuable event.
- If you want to learn more about any of these topics please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get you the information you need!
* 11 pros have verbally committed to the May 2-3 2022 Growth Drive Certified Specialist Workshop, and we're opening registration with a fully refundable 10% deposit: act now to save your seat. Cancel anytime before February 28 2022.